Person specification: Under the supervision of the Clinical Services Manager the Registered Nurse is responsible for providing oversight on the operations of the nAPPA Youth-friendly Clinic with emphasis on sexual reproductive health services.
- Provision of comprehensive Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services at the clinic i.e. information and counseling on SRH issues, HIV Testing information (HTS), family planning services, STI treatment, pregnancy testing, ante natal care (ANC) and post natal care, and any other services introduced by NAPPA at the clinic.
- Management of special cases, such as providing comprehensive SRH services to, amongst others, sexual minorities and most at risk populations.
- Initiate, plan, budget control, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of clinic activities
- Maintain quality of care (QOC) standards at the clinic
- Conduct community sensitization and mobilization activities, including outreach services
- Support community development initiatives.
- Advocate on the services that the clinic and Association provides and supports
- Daily management of the NAPPA youth friendly sexual and reproductive health services clinic
Skills and Experiences
- Should be a holder of diploma/ Degree in Nursing.
- At least three years working experience in Sexual Reproductive Health Services, HIV/AIDS field
- Sound knowledge of working in the NGO sector
- Commitment to NAPPA and IPPF values and principles
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills
- Registered with the Nursing board of Namibia.
- Certified as a Rapid Tester
- Trained as NIMART Nurse will be an added advantage
NAPPA is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive package commensurate with experience. Fixed basic salary is offered, additional benefits include pension, medical aid and 13th cheque.
Interested qualified candidates to the above positions to submit their written applications, with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of educational qualifications addressed to The Executive Director, NAPPA HOUSE ,7 BEST STREET, WINDHOEK WEST, P.O.BOX 10936, Khomasdal, Windhoek.
No faxed/emailed applications will be accepted, and documents will not be returned.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 03 October 2017