ART Enrolled Nurse
Katima Mulilo x1
POSITION: ART Enrolled Nurse
LEVEL OF EFFORT: Full Time
SUPERVISOR: Clinical Services Manager
DUTIES/ Key Result Areas
The Enrolled Nurses will work under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge based at the Namibian Planned Parenthood Association (NAPPA) based in one of the NAPPA regional clinics. The Nurse is responsible for NAPPA’s youth friendly sexual and reproductive health services, including nurse-initiated and managed ART (NIMART).
- Daily management of the NAPPA clinic, implementing youth friendly sexual, HIV/TB and reproductive health services
- Provision of comprehensive Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV/TB services at the clinic i.e. information and counseling on SRH issues, HIV prevention, care and treatment, provider-initiated testing and counseling (PITC), family planning services, STI diagnosis treatment, pregnancy testing, ante natal care (ANC) and postnatal care, and any other services introduced by NAPPA at the clinic.
- Management of special cases, such as providing comprehensive SRH services to, amongst others, adolescents, sexual minorities and most at risk populations.
- Initiate, plan, budget control, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of clinic activities
- Maintain quality of care (QOC) standards at the clinic and engage in quality assurance activities.
- Conduct community sensitization and mobilization activities, including outreach services and collaboration with CBHRAs as needed
- Support community development initiatives
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the clinic, and provide regular feedback and updates to the NAPPA team where necessary.
- Manage, supervise and provide technical support and guidance to all volunteers/interns & CBRHA’s attached to the designated YFHS clinic and ensure a positive working environment exists
- Provide technical support to clinic-based Youth Advisory Board and youth peer expert patients, in collaboration with NAPPA regional and national staff.
- Ensure ongoing stock management and timely order of stock to secure availability of supplies and commodities
- Attend relevant workshops, training events and meetings as requested by the Clinical Services Manager (CSM) and Head of Programs (HOP).
- Advocate on the services that the clinic and Association provides and supports
- Facilitate training events when requested by CSM or HOP
- Any other duties assigned by RN or CSN
- Certificate in Nursing
- Past experience in ART or PITC preferred
- NIMART certification an added advantage
- Valid registration with the Health Professions Council in Namibia
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, organizational and communication skills, with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively in a demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to speak English and preferably at least one local language
- Must be a Namibia National
NAPPA is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive package commensurate with experience. Fixed basic salary is offered, additional benefits include pension, medical aid and 13thcheque.
Interested qualified candidates to the above positions to submit their written applications, with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of educational qualifications addressed to The Executive Director, NAPPA HOUSE ,7 BEST STREET, WINDHOEK WEST, P.O.BOX 10936, Khomasdal, Windhoek.
No faxed/emailed applications will be accepted, and documents will not be returned.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 24 August 2018